Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Concerning Safari and its Twine conflicts

edited June 2015 in Help! with 2.0
I am currently enrolled in Sherry Jones's Strategy and Psychology course at my college, and I am having difficulties bringing a Twine project for the class into any sharable format. After doing some online research, I can tell that Safari was a poor choice to try my project due to compatibility issues, but I can't get a working HTML file of my project onto the downloaded Twine project or onto a browser version of twine in chrome. I have also tried saving this as an HTML file through TextEdit and testing it on neocities.

I need help getting my story off of Safari so I can turn in the project without trying to remake the whole thing.

Comments

• I have tried using both "Archive" and "Publish to File." I have also tried the "Save As" part, but my only choices are for Web Archive and Page Source. These do not work either.
  • zargy99 wrote: »
    I can't get a working HTML file of my project onto the downloaded Twine project or onto a browser version of twine in chrome.
    1. You've created a Twine on your Mac using Safari, right?

2. You can view this Twine on your Mac using Safari, right?

3. What "doesn't work" about using Twine 2's "Publish to File" option in the story menu in the lower left hand corner? Are you getting an error message?

4. With your Twine open in Safari, i.e., you're reading/playing/testing it, what "doesn't work" about saving the page as an HTML file? Was there an error message? Were you unable to save the page as an HTML file to your Mac?

Here is 2015 a guide for saving files using Safari: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-save-web-pages-in-safari.html

Once you save the Twine as an HTML file using either Twine 2's "Publish to File" or Safari's "Save As," open Twine 2 in Chrome and click on "Import From File" on the right-hand side of the screen. You can select your HTML file from there.
  • I managed to fix it with that link you provided. For some reason, that did not work when I saved it the first time. I saved an iteration of web archive and a page source and tried that method with both, but maybe I made a mistake somewhere.

It is now working fine. Thank you for your help!