Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

white space

edited July 2015 in Help! with 2.0
Hi everybody!
I am using twine 2 and Harlowe, also I use the online version.

I have seen it has been updated as for example now the code of the passages appears with color codes which is great!

But also before I could separate my text by putting white spaces. But now it just takes one of them.
This is the code I want to separate:
Choose: [[<span title = "Click or say: Yes " >Yes</span>->Urgent Patterns]]       or       [[<span title = "Click or say: No "  >No</span>->End of ICR Example]]

I want something like this:
Yes      or      No
Instead of:
Yes or No

what can I do?

Thank you!

Comments

• You can no longer do what you're trying to do because of bug fixes, and thank the gods for them. White space is bad, mmkay? ;-)

It might be quick and easy, but the way you're trying to add margins is by no means the "right way." You can't do that in HTML, so you can't do that in Twine because Twine outputs HTML files.

There are a lot of ways to do what you're trying to do in HTML and CSS.

The HTML code for a non-breaking space is:
    &nbsp;

So, you could add a bunch of those where you want spaces. However, that's far from the best way. ;-)

You can also do the following:
    <pre>Choose: [[<span title = "Click or say: Yes " >Yes</span>->Urgent Patterns]]       or       [[<span title = "Click or say: No "  >No</span>->End of ICR Example]]</pre>

The <pre> HTML tag will preserve the white space. As I almost always do, I tested it in Twine 2.0.7/Harlowe 1.1 to make certain.

There's also tables, and that's probably the "right way" to do this, I'm guessing.

You could also probably wrap the choice in a <span> and make it appear as you would like using CSS, but I don't have time to mess around with that, and I expect the <pre> tag (or table) will work just as well as anything in the end.

Hope that helps!
  • edited July 2015
    I just spam
    &nbsp;

to give spacing.

It gets the job done, and tables seem complex for such a tiny thing. Plus I've had to do this within another table, too.
  • edited July 2015
    Claretta wrote: »
    I just spam
    &nbsp;

to give spacing.
    Madness!
  • Thank you!!