Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I uninstall SugarCube 1 from Twine 2.0.8 NW

I have a netbook running Lubuntu with the 64bit NW version. It has a small screen.

Some time ago, the wise @TheMadExile suggested that I open a bug (or maybe it was make a feature request) to have the story formats scrollable. I can barely walk and chew Twine.... So... I didn't know how to do that. Now.... many moons later... I wish I HAD asked for the story formats to be scrollable. Because, well.. small screen.

Barring this... how can I remove the SugarCube 1 so that I can actually get to SugarCube 2?

Note: If I simply just install SugarCube 2 then A) I get two SugarCubes, one of which is unreachable) and also B) my stories all now have BOTH SugarCube formats checked.

Running a story like this got me a STACK error... which, ironically, does NOT have to be capitalized.

Anyway...

Help, please.

Thank you.

@TheMadExile Yes... I should have made the bug thing when you asked. Sorry. I didn't know how and since you had already helped me I didn't want to go back and ask you again. I figured it would never come up.

Comments

• Sage wrote: »
    Barring this... how can I remove the SugarCube 1 so that I can actually get to SugarCube 2?
    I should let CK field this one.

I haven't tested this, but it should work (probably). Open the dev tools (CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+D), then go to the Console tab, finally paste the following into the console and press enter:
    Object.keys(localStorage).filter(function (x) { return x.startsWith("twine-storyformats-"); }).forEach(function (x) { var fmt = JSON.parse(localStorage[x]); if (fmt.name === "SugarCube" && fmt.url.startsWith("storyformats/")) { fmt.userAdded = true; localStorage[x] = JSON.stringify(fmt); } });

That should mark SugarCube 1.x as user added, meaning that Twine 2 should let you delete it from the Formats window like you would any user added story format.

Sage wrote: »
    Note: If I simply just install SugarCube 2 then A) I get two SugarCubes, one of which is unreachable) and also B) my stories all now have BOTH SugarCube formats checked.
    If you installed SugarCube 2.x as it is supposed to be installed currently, you wouldn't have that problem. It's your insistence on installing it like it's SugarCube 1.x that's caused your past issues. You're not making anything easier by changing SugarCube 2.x's install name.
  • And this is why I am doing it the right way now. I have learned.

And yes...Your fix worked like a freakin charm. Everything has been fixed, and installed properly, and removed where otherwise not needed.

Awesome. You are.
  • You will need to update the story format for each story which previously used SugarCube 2.x via SugarCube 1.x name. That should be as simple as changing the used story format from each story's menu.
  • Ah. Super smart. Thanks.