Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New To Twine -- Seeking Assistance On Publishing My Work

Hello there! I'm very new to Twine and I actually only started using it today. I honestly don't have much knowledge in CSS or Javascript coding. I am using 2.0.8 and Harlowe 1.1.1 format. I decided to use one of the free publishing sites that was recommended on the wiki, but I seem to be experiencing problems. I can only save my work as a Chrome HTML document, which basically ended up looking like a page of text (none of which contain any coding, it just looks like a text file) when using on of the websites. Trying the other two that were recommended, Philomela stated that "That's an .html file, but it doesn't look like a twine game. Please send an email to colinmarc@gmail.com if you think something went wrong." and Adventure Cow stated that "This doesn't appear to be a Twine source file. Contact us through the forums or support@adventurecow.com for more info.". When clicking "Publish to File", the only option I have is to save it as a Chrome HTML document. Is there something I'm doing wrong or should be doing?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• edited July 2015
    You are probably trying to publish the Story Archive file as opposed to the output "publish to file" option.

Check to see that you are using the one you saved to your chosen location, as opposed to the default "Stories" location. Those are not of the correct type.
  • Sage wrote: »
    You are probably trying to publish the Story Archive file as opposed to the output "publish to file" option.

Check to see that you are using the one you saved to your chosen location, as opposed to the default "Stories" location. Those are not of the correct type.

That seemed to work. Thank you!