Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sudden Transition in Harlowe

Hello! I'm developing my first game in Twine 2 in Harlowe.

I've noticed that Harlowe acts strangely when I start inserting html.

When I have a page with only text and twine script on it, it loads beautifully with that lovely, gentle fade in of the words.

However, as soon as I insert html into the page, for example a <div> tag, the following happens:

(1) The text before the <div> fades in as normal.

(2) The html does not fade in but is present from the start.

(3) Any text after the div suddenly appears after about a second. Very jarring.

I was wondering why this is, and if anyone has a solution. Is it a bug? Am I not using html properly?

Thank you.

Comments

• We would have to see the code to answer the question of whether or not you are using it properly.

Maybe show us your CSS sheet as well.

One tip, if you use the letter C (above the window where you will be writing your response) it will format those parts into code so that we can see it set apart and formatted properly.

Alternatively (instead of pasting) you can also upload the file itself and then we will have a more-complete view.

Otherwise I think we would just be speculating.
  • "As the New Year is fresh in mind, the dominant question in mind of everyone is,

“How will you make 2015 a great year?”
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Cheap Runescape Gold
  • edited July 2015
    Sure thing.

I don't think it's the css, since when I create a blank project with no css, it does the same thing.

Make a passage with the following text and it should recreate the situation:

I transition in correctly.

<div>I appear right at the start and have no transition.</div>

I appear after a second.

• This appears to be an issue with Chrome because it works correctly in Firefox.
  • Interesting. Thanks.
  • edited July 2015
    The issue is likely Chrome is simply not inhereting the transition of the parent to the new div. You can probably fix this by defining transitions or animation for the div.

If you did instead of only <div>, <div class="mydiv" id="mydiv">, you can give them transitions in css by referencing the #mydiv element as in
    #mydiv {
      -webkit-transition: all 2s linear;
      transition: all 2s linear; 
    }