Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem occurred while saving: "exceeded the quota" ?

Hi all,

I reached an unforseen issue in my using of Twine :

"A problem occurred while saving your changes (Failed to execute 'setItem' on 'Storage': Setting the value of 'twine-passages-92513cfe-d165-a82d-caf1-47d28011c110' exceeded the quota.)."

This happened after I added an Base64-encoded image in one of my passages (the same one I actually have in two other passages).

Can anyone offer more information about this error, and possibly a way to resolve it?

Thank you !

Comments

• edited August 2015
    If you're using the browser-based version of Twine 2, then you'll have to go into your browsers' settings and increase the quota given to Web Storage (it may be called DOM Storage in the settings). If your browser of choice even has such a setting (and, AFAIK, Chrome, Safari, and IE do not), then where that setting is varies by browser (e.g. in Firefox it's under about:config > dom.storage.default_quota).

Beyond that, if you can, slimming down the images you're trying to embed wouldn't hurt.

Alternatively, not using embedded images is another possibility.
  • Hi TheMadExile.
    I'm actually using the desktop app (on my Mac).
  • Hmm. I wasn't aware that that the executable version (NW.js-based) came with limits. Certainly, I've not run into that problem myself (and I currently have 71 stories active, some of which do contain Base64-encoded media, though not a lot overall).

Anyway, the executable version is Chromium-based, so there's unlikely to be a way to solve this short of modifying the source and recompiling. So, this increasingly sounds like a job for CK ( @klembot ). Opening an issue for this at the Twine 2 issue tracker would also probably be a good idea (n.b. at the top right is the link to create a new issue).
  • I will.

This is odd, though; I don't see how a second Base64 (that's not even a large one, neither is the first) would trigger issues for me, given my story currently has roughly three dozen passages (granted, there's probably a lot more logic than in most stories given what I'm trying to accomplish), and I have 14 versions of it (all subsequently less advanced), that's it...

Anyway, that's not a big issue. I'm much more concerned with finding a solution to create trackable interactions with links listed dynamically...
  • The desktop app shouldn't have quota limits -- that's part of its raison d'etre. I'll look into this and see if I've misconfigured the build.
  • I sent you a PM, mostly unrelated to this issue.