Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell me what you think - work in progress, "wrong floor"

Comments

• 'please play my work in progress and let me know on here or on twitter @andrewjwstone
  • It's well interesting for what it is right now. I did however run into a "Double-click this passage to edit it" at some point and some grammar issues, but who am I to be a grammar Nazi?

One thing that stands out for me is that there are multiple scenes in the game where the player can have choice but aren't given it. For example, when you wake up and Katie is all decrepit, you close the door behind you and just bolt. No calling for help or barring her in? I felt like that would be the logical action there, but it wasn't available. Stuff like that irks me as it relies a bit too much on the writing of the author and not the intuitive of the player. Just my opinion, though.

The theme is, like I said, interesting. Zombieland-ish in a way, I might add: have yourself an (almost) average morning at a hospital and the next day, zombies. I'm well intrigued as to where you'll take the rest of this. :)
  • I love it so far.
    It makes me want to know more and read more, which is definitely a good thing.

I agree with Neoroman about giving players more choices, even though it doesn't have to be in every single passage.

Looking forward to reading your updates. :)
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks guys for the feedback. Neoroman i'll look into adding more options for logical things. If there are any other stand out paragraphs let me know but I will look into all of them. Thanks Melyanna for postivity will let you know when an updated version is out. (should be pretty soon). Apologies for any "Double-click this passage to edit it" sometimes i get a bit tired and just publish an update.