Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you use sugarcube 2 for online, web based projects?

edited September 2015 in Help! with 2.0
Very simple question, can I use sugarcube for online web based projects, probably not but I have no idea as i've never built a story before.

I've just installed sugarcube 2, not sugarcube 1 that comes with twine 2. If no, can I use sugarcube 1 for online projects?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• If you mean, can you publish a project using SugarCube (any version) and upload it to a website so that people can play it online, then the answer is yes. In fact, all story formats are best used online, due to browsers placing various restrictions on local files.
  • Thank you, I am getting a bit confused about what the download page from that site meant then when it said (offline,local). I know that is more a question for them however.

Thanks again.
  • I'm the developer of SugarCube, so I am "them".

The "(local/offline)" bit refers to how it's used with Twine 2, not how published stories are usable. In other words, it is installed locally on your computer and it does not matter whether you are online or offline when working in Twine 2 (originally, SugarCube 1.x for Twine 2 was only available as an online-only option).

Again. This only refers to how it's used with Twine 2. Published stories are usable anywhere.
  • Thanks for explaining it to a newbie.