Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I use css buttons like the ones on this generator page? -- converting twine to IOS.

edited September 2015 in Help! with 2.0
http://css3buttongenerator.com

Hi. I'm new and trying to convert my twine story to IOS. I would like my link buttons to be bigger than normal. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• You need to state which story format you are using, as answers can be different for each one.
    ...trying to convert my twine story to IOS.
    Do you mean you want to format your story so it looks better in a web-browser running on a iOS device (iPhone / iPad) or do you mean you want to convert your story into a iOS native application?
    I would like my link buttons to be bigger than normal.
    This is possible and the CSS on that web site should be ok, which story format are you using?
  • im not sure which to use yet. i meant it when i said i was new! im wanting to make sure it looks good on an iphone browser, with the eventual goal of converting to phonegap.
    thank you so much for the help!
  • In my opinion SugarCube 2 is currently the most feature rich and Responsive of the three main story format that come with Twine 2.x

If you choose to use SugarCube then the minimum you will need to do to make the CSS from the CSS Button Generator website work in it is to rename the .btn and .btn:hover CSS selectors.

So the .btn selector becomes:
    #passages .link-internal {
    	/* CSS rules in the .btn selector go here */
    }

... and the .btn:hover selector becomes:
    #passages .link-internal:hover {
    	/* CSS rules in the .btn:hover selector go here */
    }

...with the eventual goal of converting to phonegap
    This will not be a trivial task, I hope you have some experience using PhoneGap / Apache Cordova.
  • I have a little PhoneGap experience -- just a little. What problems will I face, in your mind? I thought that I would build a chapter of my story, then troubleshoot it. Hopefully, I would hit my problems on the front-end so that I could concentrate on story and imagery. I would gladly pay someone a reasonable fee to help me to come up with a dummy file that would work for this as well as future projects. Any feedback, help, advice, etc., is greatly appreciated.