Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Harlowe) Certain text-styles not working?

Some text-styles aren't working for me. The ones that aren't working correctly are: shudder, fade-in-out and rumble. I don't know why these aren't working. Is there something in particular I need to do?

Comments

• It appears to be a bug in the new 1.2 version of Harlowe that comes with Twine 2.0.9, if you need to use them then you may want to downgrade to Twine 2.0.8
  • Where do we report bugs that are specific for Harlowe?
  • Melyanna wrote: »
    Where do we report bugs that are specific for Harlowe?

Here: https://bitbucket.org/_L_/harlowe
  • tryguy wrote: »
    Melyanna wrote: »
    Where do we report bugs that are specific for Harlowe?

Here: https://bitbucket.org/_L_/harlowe

Apologies in advance for being dense, but there is no "issues" button.
    Or am I just missing it?
  • Oh right! Yeah, it doesn't appear there is any report function. I don't use harlowe at all, so I haven't had to before. But the dev visits this site, so he'll probably pick the issue up on his next visit.
  • Melyanna wrote: »
    ... but there is no "issues" button.
    The Harlowe project does not allow the submitting of Issues, so your only options are:

1. Post a comment on this forum and wait until Leon reads it.
    2. Contact Leon directly either via his account on this forum or via his account on Bitbucket
  • greyelf wrote: »
    It appears to be a bug in the new 1.2 version of Harlowe that comes with Twine 2.0.9, if you need to use them then you may want to downgrade to Twine 2.0.8

How would I go about doing that?
  • How would I go about doing that?
    Download and install a previous release from the Twine project's downloads page.

I don't remember exactly which pre release (if any) of Twine 2.0.9 that Harlowe 1.2 was added to, so you could either:

a. start at the relevant twine_2.0.9pre3 release and work your way backwards through the pre releases until you find one that works for you.

b. go directly to the relevant twine_2.0.8 release.
  • This bug was due to an undetected syntax error in my CSS files. This hasn't yet been fixed in Twine 2.0.10 or HL 1.2.1, but you should be able to get around it by including the following block of code in your story stylesheet:
    @keyframes appear{0%{opacity:0}to{opacity:1}}@keyframes fade-in-out{0%,to{opacity:0}50%{opacity:1}}@keyframes rumble{50%{transform:translateY(-0.2em)}}@keyframes shudder{50%{transform:translateX(0.2em)}}@keyframes box-flash{0%{background-color:white;color:white}}@keyframes pulse{0%{transform:scale(0, 0)}20%{transform:scale(1.2, 1.2)}40%{transform:scale(0.9, 0.9)}60%{transform:scale(1.05, 1.05)}80%{transform:scale(0.925, 0.925)}to{transform:scale(1, 1)}}@keyframes shudder-in{0%, to{transform:translateX(0em)}5%, 25%, 45%{transform:translateX(-1em)}15%, 35%, 55%{transform:translateX(1em)}65%{transform:translateX(-0.6em)}75%{transform:translateX(0.6em)}85%{transform:translateX(-0.2em)}95%{transform:translateX(0.2em)}}

Thank you for persevering through my mistakes, as always.

Incidentally, originally I closed my Bitbucket issues page because I found I never checked it as regularly as I ought - at least compared to checking this forum - and I didn't feel like I should have it open if I wasn't holding up my side of the implicit agreement. But, maybe I'll reconsider now that I'm in a different mind about it.