Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Color doesn't seem to work on links…

edited December 2015 in Help! with 2.0
[edit - 12.12.2015 - 22:26: I am using Twine 2.0.10 and the question is as regards to Harlowe]

Dear all, I'm trying to figure out how to change my story stylecheet in that way that when I change the text in a passage, that the text of the links is also changed to that color, e.g. if a passage is changed to
(color: red)[…]
it should display everything, including the links in that color. I don't need links to appear in blue anyways (every other stylization can stay, though), so my question is… how do I do that?

I figured out that links are styled via the tw-link element. But how to say "please be obidient to the color macro". Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited December 2015
    As explained in the first section of this comment a Harlowe markup link's colours are hard-wired.

The following CSS tells the markup links in your particular use-case to inherit the colour set earlier, place the CSS within your Story Stylesheet area:
    tw-hook[style*="color"] tw-expression > tw-link {
    	color: inherit;
    }

• edited December 2015
    Thanks. I would like to mark, that your post was helpful, but I can't figure out where to do that.
  • openmedi wrote: »
    Thanks. I would like to mark, that your post was helpful, but I can't figure out where to do that.
    If you used the "Ask A Question" option then there is a option to mark one or more of the comments as an "Answer", however if you used the "New Discussion" option there is no equivalent that I know of.
  • openmedi wrote: »
    It goes in the CSS.

Main page of Twine >> Bottom left of screen where house icon and game title are >> click the up arrow and choose Edit Story Stylesheet and paste the code in there.

• Oh, I understood where to put the code. My comment was as regards to the forum itself. greyelf provided the answer for that, too. But thanks anyways, it may help others in a semilar situation. :)
  • Oh, I see. I misunderstood.