Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

select item from dataset (seems to have stopped working )

(set: $da to (dataset: "gold", "frankincense", "myrrh"))
(either: ... $da)

This was working just fine last week. took some time off from my story and now I can't figure this out.
This currently displays all three text items, comma delimited. I have no idea why. It was working just fine to pull a random one from the list last week.

Comments

• oddly
    (set:$da to(a:"gold","frankincense","myrrh"))
    (either:...$da)

works just fine. which I can switch to but i'm confused why the other doesn't work. syntactically its the same.
  • I have this issue too.
  • darkpony wrote: »
    ... syntactically its the same.
    Except it is using an object of a different datatype.

I am having problems debugging this issue for you because Twine 2.0.11 breaks older versions of Twine 2 if they are installed at the same time on Windows 10, and running multiple releases of Twine 2 was the easiest way to work with or debug stories using older versions of Harlowe and Snowman.
  • "Except it is using an object of a different datatype." I just wanted to say that by swapping a: out in place of dataset: i was able to assure myself I didn't have a simple typo somewhere.

Thanks for looking into this. For I'm doing I can certainly use array just fine for now.