Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intel XDX and the Google Play Store

Is there a way to put this onto Android phones? I published the game as HTML, put into Intel XDX and it compiled it just fine. but when i run it, it says Apache Cordova Device is Ready?

Is there any way to put this onto an android phone? and if not, is Windows 7 executable possible?

Also, I'm reading on how to disable the Undo/Back button is in something called Story Settings, but it's nowhere to be found. PS Im using Harlowe format.

Comments

• RubyArcher wrote: »
    I'm reading on how to disable the Undo/Back button is in something called Story Settings, but it's nowhere to be found
    The Twine 1 StorySettings special passage mentioned in the Twine 1 section the Twine Wiki does not work in Twine 2.

You can't disable Harlowe's Undo/Back buttons as such but you can hide the Sidebar by placing the following CSS within your Story Stylesheet area.
    tw-sidebar {
    	display: none;
    }

RubyArcher wrote: »
    Is there any way to put this onto an android phone? and if not, is Windows 7 executable possible?
    The answer to both of these questions is Yes but neither task is a trivial process, and I have not done either of these things myself.

I have never used Intel XDK so I can't answer your questions about the message, you may get a better answer by asking about it on the Intel Developer Zone or from someone else here that has used that product.

There is not a lot of information available on the process of converting a Twine Story HTML file into a mobile app but I did find the following that may help you.

a. The Gritfish blog has four posts with titles starting with Tin Cans about using Appcelerator Titanium to convert a story to an app, the last two (Tin Cans 3: Get your game on a phone, get that phone to vibrate and Tin Cans 4: Get your game on Google Play contain information that may help.

b. Twine Tuesday has an old post named Packaging Twine With Node Webkit with contains information about converting a story to a Windows executable using Node-Webkit, which is now know as nw.js
  • Thank you! This information about the rewind button and exporting is very helpful.
  • edited March 2016
    Nvm, i found the style sheet.

and I'll ask the intel XDX ppl about exporting the nw.js to an .apk