Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Publish to file not working correctly on Safari please help!!

Hi,

I made a twine on Safari for a project for class, and when I clicked "publish to file" it gave me a weird HTML code (see attached file). Anyway, my teacher can't grade my assignment, and I tried to copy and paste the link into firefox and google chrome on the same computer and it still isn't working (I think it's because I used safari originally and twine doesn't recognize it as the same?)

If you have any idea how to fix this please let me know! my grade depends on this

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

Comments

• That "weird HTML code" is the source code of your Story HTML file, you need to save that into a local file by either selecting the File > Save As menu items or by using Command+S

The reason that the link did not work in a different web-browser while using the hosted release of Twine 2 is because the contents of your Story Project is not stored on the Twine website, it is stored on your machine within your web-browser's local-storage system which other web-browsers can't access.
  • Safari refuses to save as .html; it changes to webarchive which the app will not import (or does not find stories in).
  • asklingler wrote: »
    Safari refuses to save as .html; it changes to webarchive which the app will not import (or does not find stories in).
    Why are you trying to use the Import from File option to re-load a Story HTML file you created using the Publish to File option?

I don't have a Mac nor do I use Safari but some of the images in Google show a Format selection field at the bottom of the Save (As) Dialog, does your dialog have this field and if so can you change it's value to something other than Web Archive?
  • after i right click save as then what do i do? what do i save it as?