Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine 2.0 Localization?

Hey there,

I've already searched through the forum/google but I still wonder whether twine 2.0 provides an easy system to localize the story into different languages? Something like an ID system which can be cross referenced with a spreadsheet or anything similar?

Thanks for your time,

Hellfish

Comments

• I am not aware of any Story Format (Harlowe, Snowman or SugarCube) that has localization support built-in, but someone else may know of one.

There are a number of different ways you could implement a solution depending on things like:

a. If you want a single generated Story HTML that contained all the text for all the different supported languages or if you wanted to generate a separate Story HTML file for each language.

b. If you wanted to use Twine 2, Twine 1 or one of the TWEE compilers.

c. Which Story Format you wanted to use, may be influenced by answer to point B.
  • Thanks for the answer. We're currently evaluating to use Twine 2.0 as the story tool on the backend/content creation side (probably with Harlowe as I believe it's more writer friendly ) and build the frontend with unity as we're aiming for mobile/app distribution. It would be important for us to only have one source file for the story and an easy way to send the story dialogues to the localization teams without requiring them to actually work in Twine. Seems like we will probably need to build our own localization system.
  • Hi, all of a sudden I am working on localization for stories. You can check it out [here](). Feel free to leave feedback, post issues and contribute. Here is the link to my fork, it has WIP. And the link to my thread on this topic.