Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to add klembot-snowman-2 (bitbucket) story format

I've downloaded the source code for snowman 2 and I'm trying to add it to Twine 2's list of formats, but I can't identify what .js file I'm supposed to "+Add" to make it work. The other question I found about Sugarcube 2.x had a "format.js" file, but nothing like that shows up in the snowman 2 source, and the bitbucket doesn't appear to describe anything about straight-up installation. Only building from source. Do you HAVE to build from source? Because, from the way it was described, it seemed like you could just clone and use it.

Comments

• You cloned Snowman 2's source repository. So, yes, to get a compiled version (the format.js) using that, you'll have to build it. That said, Snowman 2 is one of the story formats that comes bundled with Twine 2—so, unless you want to mod it, you should probably simply use the bundled version.

To make Snowman 2 your default story format, use the Formats menu item from the story list sidebar. To change an existing story's story format, use the Change Story Format menu item from the story editor menu.

Note: Don't be fooled by the lack of a "2" in its name and/or its 1.x version in the story format window into thinking that it's not Snowman 2. The "2" in Snowman 2 means that it's for Twine 2, it has nothing to do with its actual version (which should be 1.3.0 or so).