Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CSS for Start only

Basically, is there any way to apply CSS to only the Start screen (passage)? I want to make something like a menu there and would love to have everything centered, but have the rest of the story behave normally as selected in the story format.

If so, how can I do that? I'd love for everything to be centered on that page, buttons included.

Comments

• If you plan to style only one passage then you can use a HTML div element combined with a text-align CSS property to centre the contents of a passage like so:
    <div style="text-align: center;">
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

[[First Link->Next Passage]]
    [[Second Link->Next Passage]]
    </div>

note: If you plan to do more than just centre the content then you should change the div element to use an ID instead of a style property and place the related CSS within your Story Stylesheet area.

1. Changing div element.
    <div id="first-passage">
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

[[First Link->Next Passage]]
    [[Second Link->Next Passage]]
    </div>

2. CSS to place in Story Stylesheet
    #first-passage {
    	text-align: center;
    }

If you plan to style multiple passages or sets of passages then you may want to read the Basic Harlowe Passage Tag Based Styling thread.
  • Thanks! Works just as I wanted it to!