Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are some of my students having issues with importing their file?

Some of my students were able to create and save a .html file, but today when they wanted to continue working on their story by "importing from file" they were met with this error message: "sorry. no stories could be found in this file"
I haven't experienced this issue, and it didn't happen to everyone. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• a. Which option are they using to create the HTML file? Publish to File or Archive.

They should be using the Archive option if they want to move/backup their Story Projects, and they should be using the Publish to File option if they want to create a copy of they Story that can be read by others. Both of these HTML can be loaded via the Import From File option.

b. Where are they saving the HTML files they create via either of the two above options?

If they are using the installable release of the application then they should not be saving the HTML files they create within the folder/directory accessed via the Twine -> Show Library menu items, that location is for the application's internal use only.
    It is generally a good idea for them to create their own folder/directory on the hard-drive and to save the HTML files they create within it.