Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

seamless transition from video to next passage

Hi,

Im currently building my first twine mini game using twine2 and harlowe. My intention is to include small videos that I'm producing in between the different passages. In order though for the experience to be successful I need the transition from video to text to be seamless. Meaning mainly two things:

When the video ends, I need it to automatically transfer the player to the next passage. I originally thought that a time based command might do the trick ( as in: " change passage after x amount of time) but given different loading times and other inconsistencies between players I don't think that's a good idea. Any ideas on how might I do that?

The other thing which I'm not sure if possible at all, is to completely strip down the video player itself so its not distracting. Vimeo allows you to do that down to only the Play/Stop button that appears when you hover over... but even that is bit distracting.. The solution to that might be a different hosting site, or self hosting I suppose..

Any thoughts or ideas will be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Theo

p.s. here is where I'm at: http://philome.la/Theo_Demiris/untitled2/play

Comments

• I would suggest looking at the onended event of the video element, it can be used to run Javascript after a video has finished playing.

The problem you will have using Harlowe is that it has no documented Javascript API, so no documented method for navigating to the next passage.

You could try use Javascript to locate a known Markup Link within the Passage being displayed and send it a click event to simulate a Reader clicking on that link.