Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Snowman text-decoration:none not working

Hi!
I'm making a game with Snowman, and I have this CSS code in my game:
a {
    text-decoration: none!important;
}

However, the game simply ignores it, it seems. The underline for links is still there, and I've tried pretty much everything, including:
.passage a
a:link
tw-link
...but none seem to work. The weird thing is, if I make this change:
a {
    background-color: yellow;
    text-decoration: none!important;
}

...then the yellow background for links is visible, without any problems. So what could be the issue here? Is the text-decoration hard-coded into Snowman? I've tried using no text-decoration for Sugarcube and Harlowe and it works perfectly.

Thank you for any assistance.

Comments

• If you use your web-browser's built-in Development Tools to look at the dynamically generated HTML anchor (a) element (and related CSS) of the Markup Link you will see two things:

1. The element's text-decoration property is already set to none
    2. The underline is caused by the element having a border-bottom property.

So you need CSS like the following to remove the Markup Link's underline
    a {
    	border-bottom: 0;
    }

Looking at the default CSS is generally the quickest way to determine what custom CSS you will need to change it.
  • Thank you! That solved the problem.
    I did actually use my web-browser (Chrome) to see if I could find the (a) tag, and I did find it, but I only saw:
    <a href="javascript:void(0)" data-passage="passage">passage</a>

So maybe I looked in the wrong place. I'll keep my eyes open from now on, thanks once again!
  • Thank you! That solved the problem.
    I did actually use my web-browser (Chrome) to see if I could find the (a) tag, and I did find it, but I only saw:
    <a href="javascript:void(0)" data-passage="passage">passage</a>

So maybe I looked in the wrong place. I'll keep my eyes open from now on, thanks once again!
  • Hi @tobulos1! I had the exact same question, and I didn't see the CSS breakdown at first either. Turns out, in Chrome's Developer Tools footer window, the details are broken out in a column to the right. You and @greyelf saved me a lot of time! Thank you!