Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Harlowe] Auto-save feature

Using Harlowe version 1.2.2

I want to let my story auto-save on every new passage, thus I'm thinking of having that stuff included in the Header. However, I don't want the auto-save to trigger at all if the player is located in say passage Barricade or passage Tunnel or passage Lift.

Could somebody give me a snippet, showing me how I successfully achieve this? I'd be happy to buy you a vegan dinner if you give me your paypal...

Comments

• I personally don't think auto-saving-every-passage is a good idea but...

The Automatically Saving the Game in Harlowe thread shows one way to do what you want.

WARNING: If you don't include some method in your story to restart it from the beginning then the people reading it will only be able to so a single time, unless they either change the web-browser/machine they are using or they flush their web-browser's cache.
  • I recommend following the above but making saving contingent on a "save" tag, as opposed to having not saving contingent on a "no save" tag. That way you can save at key points, without the computational strain of saving all the time.

I personally like putting a menu link in the header that lets you save, start a new game, etc.