Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I NEED A Step-By-Step Guide for the Coding Illiterate on how to Make & Add things to an Inventory

Twine2/Sugarcube. I have previously asked a question like this and got 3 lines of instructions:

<<set $backpack to true>> when picked up in the passage. Then in the inventory:

<<if $backpack is true>>inventory passage<</if>>

Remember to <<set $backpack to false>> in the StoryInit passage first.

Well I have been staring at it & wrestling w/ Twine2 for 7 hours (I have been reduced to tears I feel stupid; attempting to learn code feels like such a stupid idea now & all I want to do it set my computer on fire&cry b/c I can't even decipher/enact WTF 3 lines of instructions mean) and still know next to shit. So just assume I have nothing, am coding illiterate, have no idea what anyone means when they start mentioning statements, macros or any what-have-yous, assume the singular thing my worthless grey matter has retained is that SOMETHINGSOMETHINGLINK makes a link that goes to another passage titled that link, in other words assume that I'm that moron who's read the tutorials and watched that How-To video that the Twine guy posted on Youtube and still can't figure it out & am wondering if I'm just too stupid to code.

All I want is to have an 'Inventory' link on my sidebar, so that when I click it it takes me to a list of whatever things got picked up. How do I code to pick things up? Please include the most obvious-obviousness instructions like, "click on +Passage to make a new Passage & name that new Passage 'LABEL' because you need it for X," make sure this Passage doesn't have arrows connecting this to anything other than 'X,' also including exactly the 'Pick Up THING' passage is supposed to look like(what is StoryInit? Is it the Passage w/ the Rocket activated where the story/game starts? Is it a different passage altogether? What am supposed to type?). Can someone please specify what part of the code is supposed to be non-changeable and what isn't?

I have deleted everything, so project is BLANK, I want to make a working Inventory, WTH do I do now?

Pictures would be helpful as well (not required, I'll take anything).

Comments