Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ctrl + Z?

Stupid question and I'm hoping that I've just missed it, but is there an undo shortcut for when you've made a mistake entering text into a passage? I've accidentally deleted work but ctrl+z doesn't undo my carelessness. Twine 2.

Comments

• The Undo (CTRL+Z) command of the Twine 2 application has different behaviours depending on which release of Twine 2 you are using.

1. On-line/hosted release or downloadable web-browser based release:

While editing the contents of a Passage within the Passage Editor the command supports multiple levels of undo, meaning you can undo multiple consecutive changes by using the command multiple times.

2. The install-able release:

While editing the contents of a Passage within the Passage Editor the command supports a single-level of undo, meaning you can only undo the last change you made.

3. Common to all releases:

The Twine 2 application automatically saves your Story as you exit the Passage Editor (also when you create/delete Passages) this means that you are not able to use the command to undo changes done in a previous usage of the Passage Editor, this also means that you cannot use the command to undo Passage deletion.

It is important to use either the Archive option or the Publish to File option to create regular backups of your work.