Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best workflow for modifying the Snowman source's test files?

edited July 2016 in Help! with 2.0
I've been working on extending Snowman into a custom StoryFormat. The Snowman source code comes with something akin to a little testing environment including an HTML file full of passage data; I've been writing my own passages into the markup there to test new functionality.

At times, though, it seems like I should be doing this some other way. Escaping < and > all the time is manageable but awkward, and I've gone to some unorthodox (and ineffectual*) lengths to make sure I don't accidentally use a duplicate passage ID number.

Is there a better way of doing this? I've tried both 1) putting format-test.html into the library and 2) making a new story in Twine and copy-pasting my <tw-storydata> into its file in the Library, but the Twine 2 app seems to really hate that.

* I started thumbprinting new passages' IDs with long strings of digits. Twine starts to hang, though, once it tries to display a passage ID of four digits or longer. It seems like(?) Twine maybe finds a passage through incrementing by one until it lands on the right passage, since increasing the length of the passage ID seems to increase the hang time. Powers of ten will do that, I guess.