Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sugarcube 2 ease-in not working?

I'm using Twine 1.4 with Sugarcube 2, and using the <<timed>> macro for additional portions of text to appear within a passage. I haven't altered the Sugarcube stylesheet in any way. The transition for <<timed>> text is supposed to be the same as the transition for text on passage load (400ms ease-in), but for some reason, the text added with <<timed>> doesn't fade in, just appears abruptly. I've tested this across two computers and on both Chrome and Safari with the same result. Here's the passage text:
Welcome to Deerbrook, Massachusetts. Population 20,006. Not quite a sleepy town, but definitely still waking up. Too far from Boston to be considered part of the metro area, but close enough to make the drive worth it once in a while, if you can stomach the traffic.

<<timed 2s>>It could be worse. You could be in Connecticut.

<<next>>[[next|intro02]]<</timed>>

So, pretty simple. I've also uploaded the (very small) build here (the above passage is the next passage from Start), if that helps. How can I make it so that the text transitions in properly?

Thanks!

Comments

• This was meant to be posted as a question, but for some reason when I saved as draft and then went to post it it was posted as discussion instead, my apologies! :S
  • The default behavior of <<timed>> and <<repeat>> is to not use a transition. As noted in the documentation for <<timed>> you must specify the either the transition keyword or its alias t8n to request the transition.

Try:
    <<timed 2s t8n>>It could be worse. You could be in Connecticut.

<<next>>[[next|intro02]]<</timed>>

• Whoops, I must have misread the documentation then. Thank you, that worked!