Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to make a passage loop in Twine 2 (Harlowe)?

I just begun learning codes and Twine 2 by myself, I've somewhat ran into a wall as I want to make my passage loop when player chooses a certain option but unable to do so :(.

For example:
I would like to ask player if they want to open a door, if they choose "Yes" then player will move on to the next passage, but if they choose "No", they will continuously be asked if they want to open the door until they choose yes.

The way I've been trying to do, is if player chooses no, they will be looped back to the "Take a deep breath" passage until they choose yes.
But the result per the attached pic, is Twine 2 just creates another new passage with the same title.....but I cannot figure out what doing wrong.

Really appreciate every help I could get :), thanks guys!

Comments

• Although I'm not fluent in harlowe. Have you checked whether it still creates a new passage if you remove the spaces after the ->

So try using
    Yes ->Cage open
    No ->Take a deep breath
  • Thanks Sytze! It worked :)
    I didn't realize the space was the problem!
  • When you use the double square bracketed link markup in Twine 2 (in any story format), Twine 2's automatic passage creation code treats all characters as significant, even preceding and succeeding whitespace. Bizarre, but there you have it.

The usual advice is to never put extraneous whitespace within the double square bracketed link markup.