Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can i make a offline story?

Hello

I'm new at Twine and i'd like to know something about Twine 2.0.

I wanted to know if it's was possible to make only offline stories or i'm forced to share my works in internet?.

Thanks

Comments

• The Twine 2 application does not store any information about your Story Projects on-line (on the internet), all that information is stored on your local machine/device.

The Story HTML file that you create using the Publish to File option is also stored on your local machine/device. It is left up to you to copy the HTML file on to a web-server if you want it to he hosted.
  • The best way to make offline stories is to package them into nw.js.

This post explains how, and you can also find utilities that do the process for you.

https://videlais.com/2014/08/26/twinetuesday-packaging-twine-with-node-webkit/
  • greyelf wrote: »
    The Twine 2 application does not store any information about your Story Projects on-line (on the internet), all that information is stored on your local machine/device.

The Story HTML file that you create using the Publish to File option is also stored on your local machine/device. It is left up to you to copy the HTML file on to a web-server if you want it to he hosted.

Okay, there's any way my works find themself on internet with my offline twine then?.
  • You choose whether to publish online yourself. Twine just creates web pages. Like any web page, you have to then host it somewhere.
  • The only way your Story HTML file would get onto the internet is if you manually upload it to a web-site or a file hosting site, the Twine application does not know how to do that.
  • Okay, thanks for answers :).