Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Timed transitions to other passages?

Self explanatory subject :) But is there a way so that a passage automatically moves into another after certain amount of time?

Comments

• here is how I do it with JavaScript settimeout and the twee API, though there may be a macro or other feature that does something similar.
    <<set $timer = setTimeout(function(){state.display("passageNameHere")},30000); /*display [passageNameHere] after 30 secconds*/ >>
    Example below is the above code refactored into a reusable function. To implement, add the following code block to a passage tagged "script".

window.displayTimer = function(passagetitle,delay){
    delay = delay || 0;
    return setTimeout(function(){state.display(passagetitle)},delay);
    }
    Use function as follows.  The twine variable, "$timer", can be any name you want.
    <<set $timer to displayTimer("passageNameHere",30000) >>
    Cancel a timer using clearTimout().

<<set clearTimeout( $timer );>>
  • Jesus! I've been in your blog dozen in times, and I keep discovering macros I hadn't seen before :S

Thanks, L!  :D That's perfect.
  • Hello Hank,

Thanks for your code. I works perfectly to put the timer and activate it. But the variable the code

<<set clearTimeout( $timer );>>

doesn't work when i put it into a passage with text. Can anybody help me please? This is very URGENT (for tomorrow :/ )

Thank you very much !

PS: I use the Timer in order to display several passages of one scene while the player is playing (in the story, the player plays while others characters are speaking)