Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Sugarcube] Does the Continue variable from the Replace Macro work for Sugarcube?

edited October 2016 in Help! with 2.0
I'm using L's lovely Replace Macro for my game, but discovered that the <<continue>> function doesn't work.

(Others like <<replace>> work, though.)

I think it's because Sugarcube also has another <<continue>> with the <<for>> loop function. Is there a workaround for this, or is there another code being used that I'm not aware of?

Thank you!

Comments

• You need to use the version compatible with SugarCube, which is not the one from train wrecks. Which version of SugarCube are you using?
  • edited October 2016
    I'm actually using the most updated version, which is Sugarcube 2.10.0 So Trainwrecks' only works with an older version? Other macros like timedcontinue works though, just not the continue macro.

But I also might have found a workaround - in the javascript for the replace macro, simply find the part that says
    name: "continue",

and then rename continue to anything else, e.g.
    name: "continued",

So the new macro you'll be using to code would now be
    <<continued>>

and this works for me so far!

• edited October 2016
    Coraline wrote: »
    So Trainwrecks' only works with an older version?
    The macros on the Trainwrecks website were designed and written to be used with the default story formats that come with the 1.x series of Twine. The Javascript engine within those story formats is different to that of SugarCube 1.x and 2.x

Always look on the SugarCube website related to the series you are using (1.x or 2.x) to see if there are SugarCube specific versions of a macro set and use them instead.
  • Coraline wrote: »
    I'm actually using the most updated version, which is Sugarcube 2.10.0 So Trainwrecks' only works with an older version? Other macros like timedcontinue works though, just not the continue macro.
    The macros are not compatible. While they may seem to work, they are not doing everything that they are supposed to be doing.

You should get the SugarCube 2 compatible versions from its website, under: Downloads > Add-ons—you want the <<replacelink>> macro set package.
  • edited October 2016
    Oh, i didn't even know there was an updated version specifically for this! Thanks, guys! :)

I did add the new js and stylesheet, but it's back to the same problems again. The actual error is:
    Error: <<continue>>: must only be used in conjunction with its parent macro <<for>>

Is this a conflict in macros? Since there seems to be another continue macro using a for loop? I'm using Twine 2 and Sugarcube 2.10.0 just as the macro requires.
  • edited October 2016
    Try reading the document (README.html) that was included with the package, it tells you what you need to know—hint: macros were renamed.
  • Gweh, I just did. Now everything works wonderfully. You have my thanks again!
  • @Coraline FYI, the <<replacelink>> macro set was just updated to fix a bug. You'll want to download the updated version from SugarCube's website.