Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is using an external editor possible?

With the release of the new beta build (visual improvements are pretty cool btw) I decided to ask, is there a possibility to use an external text editing program with the installable Twine? I find myself working with several passages at once a lot, and that's not very convenient with the built-in editor, 'cause you're to close each passage and search the other one each time you want to copy\paste\add something. Any other editor with tabs would be much more effective. As for now I'm using sublime3 with syntax highlighting and copy\paste each time I think I'm done with the passage.

P.S. btw afaik these's no way to use git to collaborate with anyone, am I right? I wish my friend could check\edit my poor language while I'm coding new parts of the story.

Comments

• You don't have to use one of the graphical applications (Twine 1 or 2) to create a story HTML file.

You could use one of the command line utilities (like Twee, TweeGo, Grunt-Entwine, etc) to create your story HTML file. This would allow you to use whichever text editor you like, you would also be able to version control the text files that make up your story project.
  • Twee2 will import/export between Twine 2 and a plain text format. I've been using it with a Scrivener template to edit in Scrivener.