Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Scores?

So, I'm toying with an optional feature in a game for a few friends. Is there any way to make a game that can give data to another program? I've searched here and on the wiki, but various keywords I can think of aren't bringing up much yet. Can a Twine game, either as a self contained program or as a program uploaded to a website somewhere, "give" information to another program? The ideal form of this would be something that could send a quick email or text to the players at certain points in the game's progress, but as I'm trying to avoid complications like servers and the like I think I could simplify the concept into a "high score board" that posts results based on decisions players have made.

So... yeah. Is there anything like this, or is it a pipe dream?

Comments

• like a highscore board that everyone can see, or you got # share with friends or something
  • Khaloodxp wrote: »
    like a highscore board that everyone can see, or you got # share with friends or something

Either one of those would work, honestly. Preferably a way to automate the second, but the first would work in a pinch.
  • edited October 2016
    ya the second is much much much much (I can't stress this enough) much easier so I would recommend it instead, and other people could help you with it if you specify which story format you're using, if it's sugarcube I can't help you, but madexile is your guy, if it's harlowe I think I could help you, but we can't help if you don't pick a format first