This fixes several issues in beta 3, including one critical bug that can eat up space on your hard drive -- if you were using beta 3, please follow these directions
to fix the problem.
I should add-- if you encounter a bug, please take a second to file a bug
. It helps me out a lot. I use the list as basically a to-do list for release.
You can get the beta on Bitbucket
I also wanted to use real radio buttons for the sake of both usability and accessibility, instead of the checkbox icons that are in the 2.0 series. To me, they never felt click-y enough, and I always felt the star icon buttons were not really clear as to what they did.
The new tab appearance is to make it consistent with the Sort By options on the story list, though it's good to know that it looks confusing. That's useful feedback.
So to sum up, I don't think this new design is perfect by any means, and I'm open to suggestions.
That might not be the right place and time to ask, but do you have any sort of an estimated release date for 2.1 stable?
Also does anyone know about the Harlowe 2 development: how stable is it and is there a stable release coming anytime soonish?
Although this could be a remnant of beta 3. Dunno. It's not a critical bug for me - mainly cuz I don't really care when things were modified. But others might.
@Phalcon, I'm shooting to have 2.1 out by the end of the calendar year. I can't really speak to the state of Harlowe 2.0.
@Gryphbear, do the dates change on every app startup? Beta 3 had an issue where it was bumping the update date on every story when it first started.
@Pierre, the issue with play/test should be fixed in the next beta. See here for details. I can't tell for sure, are you saying that the editor is not saving changes at all for you? If so, please open a bug for that, as that isn't an issue others have reported thus far.
So the dates seem to be stable.
I'll try that. The build I was attempting died in the wine phase (and left a runaway wine process running that I noticed later), so I never got an OSX build out of it.
That went better, though I did find a bug (#303) or two.
Seriously, this is just part of the process of getting a release out, and I'd much rather fix things now than after letting the world at it.
@mcd, that error has been a thorn in my side. I need to rewrite the build process to do the Windows builds in a separate step, as that was the only way to get them to work consistently in the past. The workaround I use is to killall wine.bin and rerun. It seemed to be, though I don't really know why, that once the error happened in one session, it wouldn't happen again.
But it is only because the new version is really good, and we are anxious to start using it. I just wanted klembot to know we are appreciative of all his efforts, and we'll try to be patient, even though we are eager to see the new version come out.
Heh, I figured. But in the meantime I've had to return to 2.0.11 since I cannot test my projects in the beta anymore. So hopefully you'll track down that problem and squash it