Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Glorious Trainwreck's Timer - from Sugarcane to Sugarcube 2.11

Hello everyone, I'm just found this awesome Timer
http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/node/5108

My question is: How can I run the same Timer in Twine 2 Sugarcube 2.11?

Thank you all

Comments

• First. SugarCube v2.11.0 has been superseded by v2.12.0.

If you want a timed goto, then just use a combination of the native <<timed>> and <<goto>> macros. For example:
    <<timed 10s>><<goto "some passage">><</timed>>

• thanks!

it works even when i go to different passages?
    And how about to display the timer countdown?
  • edited December 2016
    thanks!

http://twinery.org/forum/discussion/8001/visual-countdown-timer-sugarcube2-11-0

• edited December 2016
    No, however, neither does the macro you linked.

Wait. Are you referring to the macro you linked or to the timer code the author said it was based upon? If it's the former, there is no display. If it's the latter, and you really should have made that clear to begin with, then take a look at the link provided by Jud_Casper—a timer which includes a display. There are a few versions in there, so grab the final one which should meet all of your criteria.
  • edited December 2016
    Thank you guys but before I wrote this post, I checked your previously discussions... Unfortunately both the discussions works bad from me. (1. when I edit the javascript Stylesheet, an error appears in my test that close the preview - 2. It appears this: Error: <<script>>: bad evaluation: undefined is not a functionYou should see a countdown timer ") Also, this is an italian twine game in italian language, so I found some difficulties to explain my issue.

I explain you directly the game into an example:
    (In this example I use 10 seconds., the real game is more complicated with more passages and times, I explain you just for an example)
    =====

Passage 1:
    I enter to a door. A bomb it's ready to explode

Passage 2:
    A countdown appears in the navigation menu and starts automately, I only have 10 seconds. I can go to three doors:

White Door
    Red Door
    Blue Door

If the countdown arrives to zero when i navigate trough door I die and go to "Dead" Passage (The End->Restart)

Passage 2a (white door)
    There's nothing here (I need to go back)

Passage 2b (Red door)
    There's nothing here (I need to go back)

Passage 2c (Blue Door)
    There's two button in front on me.

Red Button
    Green Button

Passage3a (Blue Door ->Red Button)
    I die in the explosion and go to "Dead" Passage (The End->Restart)

Passage 3b (Blue Door ->Green Button)
    Stop countdown, I'm safe and I found a way to escape and win the game

=====

So... it's possible to do something like that?
    Thank you for your patience... there's isn't a twine documentation in italian so it's hard for me... also, i'm not a programmer, I just know the basic things