Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't get Sugarcube 2.12 to stay installed (desktop)

My last game was made using the Sugarcube 2.11.0 format, and after 2.12 was released I added that too. As I'd finished my latest game I stopped using Twine for a while, but when I launch Twine now 2.12 isn't there - in fact 2.11 isn't even there any more.

I go through the install procedure and it accepts 2.12 (in fact it adds two copies of it for some reason) but then when I close Twine and reopen, they're gone again and I get the error message:
The story format 'SugarCube 2 (local/offline)' could not be loaded ().
What am I doing wrong? Does the folder containing the format have to be stored in a specific place after you've installed it?

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Apologies. Just my lack of understanding of how these things work. I had the SC2 folder on my desktop when installing, but then cleaned things up and moved it to a different folder afterwards.

Of course when I launch Twine then, it looks for the format on my desktop and finds it missing. Once I dragged the folder back to my desktop it's there in Twine when I launch.