Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remembering a choice the player made

How would I do that exactly?

I'm using Harlowe 1.2.2

So basically what I want to do is first giving the reader a choice which gender to take. Male / Female ofcourse.

The reader can choose, if the choice is female, to put some make-up on after the reader choose this gender.

Later on, if you choose female, you will approach a person within the story. The male part has the same approach.

Now I want to give the reader the option to choose between a few replies BUT my problem is I want also the reader to have a "special" option if the reader put some make-up on in the choice before. Which would be not shown if the reader did not do that.

How exactly would I do that?

Comments

• Are you male or female?
    (appears as "Are you male or female?"

then, gendermale has (set: $gender to "male")
    genderfemale has (set: $gender to "female")

we now know the gender of the character.

then, later on, when you can apply the makeup:
    (if: $gender is "female")[Do you want to apply makeup? Yes No](else:)[You wouldn't look good in makeup.]

and then applymakeup has (set: $makeup to "yes"), whilst nomakeup has (set: $makeup to "no").

so now we know whether the character is male or female; and if female, whether they have makeup or not.

the scene with the makeup-only option?
    You walk up to the man.
    (if: $makeup is "yes")[The man looks at you and compliments your makeup. "I like your makeup"](else:)[The man looks at you. "What?"], he says.

here, if you're a woman with makeup, you get sent to nicemakeup; if you're a man, or a woman without makeup, you get sent to what. you only see the "nicemakeup" option if you have makeup on. you see , he says. either way.