Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extracting a saved file from the game?

I have 2 weird questions (I am using Twine 2.0.11 and Sugarcube 2.12):

1.) Is it possible to retrieve a saved file from the twine game on its own?

2.) I tried checking the saved file for my twine game using the javascript console on my Chrome browser (with localstorage.getItem) and found some Chinese characters. Now, I DO live in Asia so this could be something on my end (although I don't use Chinese on my PC) so I just want to verify if anyone know what this means before I look for other explanations for it. Here's a screencap of it: http://i68.tinypic.com/2a9b5fd.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• If you simply want an external save, just export one. The built-in Saves dialog has an export feature which should work in Chrome. If you're the developer, then there's also the Save API.

If there's some other reason, then all saves are deltas which are JSON-encoded and LZ-String compressed. Further, in-browser saves are stored in UTF-16, while exported saves are Base64-encoded. They're not literally Chinese characters, it's just an artifact of the save being compressed and stored in UTF-16.

If you're looking for specific information, then you'll need to further explain what you're looking to do.