Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine 2 Harlowe save file location

I used the save function in one of the passages and now the game starts from that particular passage and not from the beginning. Its obviously reading the saved file and loading the passage from it. Is there any method to reset it? (Deleting the save file will work, but I couldn't find the save location)

Comments

• edited January 2017
    First. AFAIK, Harlowe's save mechanism does not function automatically, saving or loading. For any save, made via the (save-game:) macro, to be loaded automatically the (load-game:) macro must be being called directly at some point in your code, so simply stop doing that.

To answer where the saves are located. There is no save file. Harlowe's saves are stored within the browser's Web Storage database, specifically localStorage. The easiest thing would probably be to use the Web Storage API via the browser's developer console to remove the save.
  • Thanks for the reply. Can't the save function be made automatic by similarly calling it directly at the start of the passage?
  • Yes, though that would only be automatic from the player's perspective—that would also only create saves automatically, loading such a save at startup would be another matter, though also doable.

The story format itself does not do that automatically—which was my original point—it's something that the developer—I've been assuming that was you—thas to choose to place in their code.