Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! And be prepared... (Twine in french)

Hello everyone, i have a BIG problem. Some of my box don't connect to the right box. And even more, when i want to start a debug run, sometimes it start at the wrong box. I try different type of connection like ToTheBox or (link:"some word")[(goto: "ToTheBox"). The parts who bug are the link to the box "Observer" and "Eliott Street". And the debug run applies to these part to

Comments

• Je ne vois pas de box :-)
  • edited January 2017
    SpartanM23 wrote: »
    Some of my box don't connect to the right box. […] I try different type of connection like ToTheBox or (link:"some word")[(goto: "ToTheBox"). The parts who bug are the link to the box "Observer" and "Eliott Street". And the debug run applies to these part to
    If you're referring to the passage connection arrows on the story map, only double square brack style links (i.e. ) are recognized by Twine 2 when drawing the arrows. Other link types will not be considered. There's nothing wrong with the links, Twine 2 simply doesn't understand them.

Beyond that, you have various instances of the (link:) macro with broken hooks. For example, from the Observer passage:
    (link:"vous éloigner de cet endroit!")[(goto: "S'enfuir du bord")

You're missing the closing bracket of the hook, which means the (link:) is ignored as erroneous. The (goto:) macro, however, is seen as valid and is immediately executed. Basically, Harlowe treats it something like the following:
    <!-- erroneous (link:) macro -->(goto: "S'enfuir du bord")

It should be:
    (link: "vous éloigner de cet endroit!")[(goto: "S'enfuir du bord")]

I don't now how many instances of broken (link:) macros you have scattered around your code, however, if you fix them the problems should go away.

SpartanM23 wrote: »
    […] And even more, when i want to start a debug run, sometimes it start at the wrong box. […]
    In your starting passage, Le phare : fuite, you have the following:
    (link:"bloquer la porte")[(goto: "Se barricader") ou (link:"monter directement en haut du phare?")[(goto: "Monter")

Two broken (link:) macros causing the two (goto:) macros to immediately execute. I don't know the Harlowe internals well enough to know which (goto:) would win in this case.

Regardless, as before, fix the (link:) macros and the problem goes away.