Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

relocated passage changes position after short time, grid lock has no effect

Hello Twine peoples:D

As a mere beginner (and first time poster! Hi!) I have encountered what I suspect is an issue with my own computer(since if everyone had it the forums would be full of people asking for a fix), but if it is the cause and fix elude me. Extensive search of the forums yielded no answer.

I am in the process of writing an addon for another person's Twine story with the author's permission, using the latest version, and I wish to implement everything in accordance to their tastes. In the present case, I wish to match their particular, tasteful and neat arrangement for their passages.

But every time I tried to place a passage close to another, the passage I would have relocated jumps an unpredicable distance to a location nearby, usually but not always to the right, regardless of whether the 'snap to grid' option is enabled or not. And the jumps themselves seem to have little relation to the grid, anyway, which is to say, my grid lock does nothing. This is at times accompanied by a strange input lag I did not see elsewhere - when it is, Twine doesn't respond to any input for a duration of time, although the window itself can be dragged around, closed and minimized as normal.

What could be the cause of the above issues, and what can I do to address them?