Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Publishing Twine Game Help

How do I publish a Twine game on my own website? There must be some sort of simple solution to this, but I can't figure it out.

When I try to embed the code of the HTML file on my site, it shows up all messed up, and without any of the CSS.

All I want is to have one page of my website be devoted entirely to the Twine game. Like Those We Love Alive on Porpentine's site:
http://aliendovecote.com/uploads/twine/empress/empress.html

I want it to look the same way it does when someone downloads the file and then opens it in their browser, only instead of downloading the file, they would just go to a page on my website.

How do I do that?

My website is made with Weebly, for the record.

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Off-hand, two things come to mind:
    1. You must Publish your project, which will ask you to save a compiled HTML file. That is the file you need. If you're using the executable version, do not copy or save over the files in the Twine/Stories directory, as those are the data files for your projects, not the compiled files.
    2. You will likely need to upload the compiled HTML file someplace—no clue if Weebly allows you to do that—and then add a link on your website to the URL of the uploaded file.
  • Off-hand, two things come to mind:
    You will likely need to upload the compiled HTML file someplace—no clue if Weebly allows you to do that—and then add a link on your website to the URL of the uploaded file.
    [/list]
    Ok, I figured out how to do that. Thanks!