Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keeping track of how the player has died?

edited January 2017 in Help! with 2.0
I'll get right to the point. My game has an achievement for dying in every possible way (of which there are 11). I tried using (set:$deaths to +1) on death screens, but that allows the player to repeatedly die in the same way and get the achievement. So, my question is "How can I count how many times the player has died in different ways, and not just deaths in general?"

I am currently using Harlowe.

Comments

• I am not sure if Harlowe has something like the hasvisited macro? like sugarcube does.
    Doing some psuedo code based off the research that it has something similar:
    Example usage:
    (history:) contains "Cellar" is true if the player has visited a passage called "Cellar" at some point.
     (history:) NOT contains ""title of your unique death passage"
    set $deaths to +=1
    else 
    do nothing
    close if

• I am not sure if Harlowe has something like the hasvisited macro? like sugarcube does.
    Doing some psuedo code based off the research that it has something similar:
    Example usage:
    (history:) contains "Cellar" is true if the player has visited a passage called "Cellar" at some point.
     (history:) NOT contains ""title of your unique death passage"
    set $deaths to +=1
    else 
    do nothing
    close if

Ah, I got it working with this.
    (unless:(history:) contains "PASSAGE NAME")[(set:$deaths to it +1)]

(if:$deaths is 11)[**"Rookie" earned!**(set:$rookie to 1)]

Thanks for the help!