Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error message when opening Twine game in Safari

I'm using Twine 2, SugarCube 2.

I just uploaded my Twine game to my site, and it works fine with Chrome, Mozilla and IE. But when I try to open it in Safari (on the phone), I get an error message ("security error dom exception 18"). The same happens with other Twine games as well.

I googled the error, and found out that it happens when cookies are disabled in Safari. Enabling cookies (at least partially) does solve this.

But is there a way to fix this via the game's code?

Is it a problem with all Twine games, or is it due to my HTML, CSS or JavaScript? What can I do about it?

Comments

• Hawkmoth wrote: »
    I googled the error, and found out that it happens when cookies are disabled in Safari. Enabling cookies (at least partially) does solve this.

But is there a way to fix this via the game's code?
    It's not the disabling of cookies, not directly at any rate. That setting also disables Web Storage, within which SugarCube attempts to store data on the current play session—it does attempt to fallback to cookies if Web Storage is unavailable, however, since the setting disables both….

And, no, there's no way for you to fix this, other than by changing that setting to something other than block all the things.
  • Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining :)