Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are new Harlowe 2 features Hidden & Show supposed to be working in Twine 2.0/2.1?

I have used both Twine 2.0.x and 2.1.x in Linux (64) and on Macintosh. In every case, the program seems not to recognize the Hidden and Show hooks feature. I have attempted to make my own examples, and also to simply copy the examples from the Harlowe 2 manual https://twine2.neocities.org/2.html#markup_hidden-hook.

When I try to use these, the macro tags do not assume syntax styling. And, when I Run the passage, I get the error message "I can't run the macro 'show' because it doesn't exist."

Otherwise, Twine 2.1 is mostly working fine. I am a novice, so forgive me if there is something wrong in my basic understanding here.

Can anyone confirm that these new features do NOT work, or else suggest why I might be having trouble with them? I have attached one screen shot. Thank you!

Comments

• I have the same problem using Harlowe 2.
    mmAozEaspNs.jpg
  • You will receive the "I can't run the macro 'show' because it doesn't exist." error message if you try to use the (show:) macro while using Harlowe v1.2.3

Use the Change Story Format option within your story to determine which version of Harlowe you are using, the Twine 2 application defaults to Harlowe v1.2.3. (unless you have used the Formats screen to change the default, this screen is accessed via the application's main screen)
  • Thank you, greyelf! I can't believe I missed that option in the menu. I guess I assumed I _had_ to be working in Harlowe 2 if I were using Twine 2.

Thank you again!
    Brooke
  • I'm still having these issues, despite switching the format to Harlowe 2.
  • Oddly enough, while the code to change the background white doesn't work, the example in the documentation of using (enchant:) with "gold" works fine, though enchant appears red in the editor.