Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for an Anti-Cheating Mechanism...

Greeting all!

I'm using Twine version 2.0.11 with Sugarcube version 1.0.34.

I built a math game that requires kids to correctly answer a certain amount of questions in a row order to "complete" the challenge. The game works perfectly fine, but there is one problem.

I think it's important that when kids miss a question, they should see what the correct answer was before they move on. While I've disabled the <<back>> button throughout the story, the kids can still use the browser's back button to go back a page, fix their answer and keep their "streak" alive.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix that besides "don't show them their answer"?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• You really should be using SugarCube v2.

For SugarCube v1, you want to look at its configuration object. Specifically, the config.disableHistoryControls configuration setting.

For SugarCube v2, you want to look at its configuration object. Specifically, the Config.history.controls configuration setting.

b1gpupp wrote: »
    […] While I've disabled the <<back>> button throughout the story, […]
    I'm singling this bit out because it makes me worry that you're doing something both unnecessary and likely problematic—unless "disabled" is a roundabout way of saying "I didn't use that macro". Could you explain?