Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with Harlowe audio

Hi,

Just wondering if someone could provide any easy instructions for how to add audio using Harlowe.

I know at this point that SugarCube would have been a better option but I really don't have much more time to work on this project and adding the music will be the final touch. I don't need to do anything fancy- just run the music through the whole game.

What would I have to add to the JS section, and what else would I have to add to do this?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• I've tried some of these and I couldn't get them to work. I think the solution posted by Khaloodxp may solve my problem but unfortunately I can't download the .html file that was posted there. If you have any way of sending that or attaching it anywhere that I can access it from, that would be a big help.

Thanks!!
  • seriu wrote: »
    I think the solution posted by Khaloodxp may solve my problem but unfortunately I can't download the .html file that was posted there.
    Did you try right clicking on the grey icon at the end of Khaloodxp's comment and selecting "Save link as..." (or words to that effect) item in the context menu that appears?
  • greyelf wrote: »
    seriu wrote: »
    I think the solution posted by Khaloodxp may solve my problem but unfortunately I can't download the .html file that was posted there.
    Did you try right clicking on the grey icon at the end of Khaloodxp's comment and selecting "Save link as..." (or words to that effect) item in the context menu that appears?

Yea, it ended up downloading as a .html file but its blank and it doesn't open up any text. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it.
  • edited February 2017
    ... but its blank and it doesn't open up any text.
    It is a Story Project Archive HTML file created using the Twine 2 application's Archive option, you use the Import From File option to add the story project(s) contained within the archive HTML file to your Stories list.

• greyelf wrote: »
    ... but its blank and it doesn't open up any text.
    It is a Story Project Archive HTML file created using the Twine 2 application's Archive option, you use the Import From File option to add the story project(s) contained within the archive HTML file to your Stories list.

Thanks so much! I was able to get the script and paste it into my game's JS. I didn't realize that you could import files like that into Twine.

Can't believe it's finally working!