Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Twine 1] Passage off edge of screen

I'm using Twine 1.4.2 with Sugarcube 2.

I don't know how, but one of my passages has somehow ended up off the left side of story. On the screenshot, the passages "FC Landing" and "FC Construction" should have another passage in between them, linked to each other left to right. That passage still exists, but judging from the arrows it's somewhere off the left side near the top.

I can still get at the contents of the missing passage by following the Incoming/Outgoing Passage links from the passages that link to it, but I can't find a way to get it back on the screen in the main Twine view.

Can anyone help me get my passage back on the screen?

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Sure. There are two methods.

First one: Export your story to HTML via the build option. Then open the exported html in a text editor like Notepad++ and do a search for the entry for the missing passage. It will have stats such as "twine-position="1999,1256""

Change those numbers to something more representing the other passages and save. Then open the editor and choose import story from html in the file menu, then save as the old file name to overwrite the old story.

Second one: Follow the links to open up the missing passage, copy-paste its info into a new passage created at the proper spot, rename the old passage to "AWOL passage" or something, and call the new passage the old passage name.
  • Thank you!

Actually I managed to fix this just by exporting it as HTML and then re-importing it - the missing passage reappeared in the first free space in the top left without my even having to edit the HTML.