Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Local Save

Hello!
(first of all, I'm really sorry about my english skills, so I hope I'm understandable >.>)
I recently "downloaded" the last version of twine 2.
I lost (I assume so) my last story...

Is it completely impossible to save directly your project as a local file ?

I think that so... absurd and strange, so, that's why I ask the question >.>
Are you forced to save your story in HTML ?
Plus, I think that a technical bug, but when I tried to close the software, twine refused to obey T.T
I don't know if you have the same problems, but, I used to use the previous version and I'm little bit lost with this new update.

Comments

• Your story is saved locally on your computer (Documents>Twine>Stories on a Mac). That's the file Twine saves automagically for it's own internal use. Even though it ends in html it will show you a blank page if you open in a browser.

You also "Publish to File" your story in Twine, which outputs an html file which you can read in a browser, send to your friends, post on the web, or re-import into Twine.

So there are two ways to save. One file is for Twine's use; the other is for you. Pretty sure that's how it works. This is for the downloaded version. I think the web version only saves in browser storage, making it more vulnerable to loss, so it's even more important to "Publish to File." Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Denny wrote: »
    Your story is saved locally on your computer (Documents>Twine>Stories on a Mac).
    A slight correction.

The install-able release of the Twine 2 application saves your Story Project files within the folder referenced by the Twine -> Show Library menu items. Where this folder it located on your local hard-drive can currently depend on which operating system (OS) you are using and which language you have selected for the OS / Twine 2 application.

WARNING: This folder is for internal use only! Do not save the Story HTML files you create using the Publish to File option within this folder or you could overwrite and lose the related Story Project file.

NOTE: Some people are having problems with the current release (v2.1.1) the Twine 2 application not running correctly on their machines, and there are threads on this forum and issues on the project's repository about these issues. Two of the problems are: not being able to save, and not being able to close down the application.