Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how do you hide an option after a different one has been chosen? (harlowe)

hello! im making a world-of-warcraft style game, except obviously in twine form, and i am having a problem with the character creation. heres an example:
at the top of the page, it says "pick your race", and under that the options human, elf, and dwarf. after an option has been selected, i want the others to go away and the next question, "choose your gender". right now,if i select elf, it ends up being this:
pick your race:
human (this is a link)
Race set as elf!
choose your gender:
male (this is a link)
female (this is a link)
orc (this is a link)

basically what im looking for is the opposite of the new "show" macro. does such a thing exist?

Comments

• When asking a question you need to state both the name and the full version number of the story format you are using, as answers can be different for each one.

This comment on the More if questions thread demonstrates one way to implement a growing list of single answer questions. The solution was written for Harlowe v2.0.0 but it includes instructions at the end explaining how to change it to work in v1.2.0 and later.