Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any way to re-enable automatic passage creation in Twine 2.11?

I've been messing with Twine for a while, and one of the features I really enjoyed in previous versions was that Twine would automatically generate a new blank passage if you put something in a passage in brackets. It seems like Twine doesn't do that any longer, and it has made writing new stories a little more difficult. I usually like to outline my stories in Twine ahead of time, so I'm frequently creating tons of almost empty passages so I can get the overall 'shape' of the story.

I know this may not be behavior everyone wants (in fact, the only discussion I can find about this feature is someone asking how to turn it off from a discussion back in 2015), but if there's any way to re-enable it or if I'm just doing something wrong, I'd appreciate the advice.

Comments

• This is a known issue/bug in the v2.1.1 release, as yet there has been no response by the developers.
  • Just checked the issue and the devs resolved it, and auto-creation seems to be working again just fine!

Weird that with that bug fix the version available on the site still shows as 2.1.1, though. I wouldn't have known to download a new version if I hadn't seen the resolved issue.
  • Lumiras wrote: »
    Just checked the issue and the devs resolved it, and auto-creation seems to be working again just fine!

Weird that with that bug fix the version available on the site still shows as 2.1.1, though. I wouldn't have known to download a new version if I hadn't seen the resolved issue.
    Although the issue has been resolved within the project's repository this fix has not been made available yet, either in the hosted release or in one of the download-able releases.
    eg. If you use the example supplied by TheMadExile in the hosted v2.1.1 release it will still result in no missing passage being created.

If the issue is no longer effecting you then it may mean you have changed your links to not target the same passage.