Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine is refusing to open, then quitting.

Just having responded to someone on this forums, having played round with a solution on twine. (Twine 2.1.0) I decided to check out Harlowe 2.0.0 and check out experimenting on format change. I accidently clicked on the language tabe, and couldn't escape it. Not working out how to escape it, I clicked on the British flag. This however seems to have caused a catastrophic failure in Twine. It can no longer open properly, al I can see is a white space and an unclickable bar with 'Twine and 'edit' at the top. I shut down my computer, restarted, still the problem persisted. I unistalled, and re-installed the latest Twine 2.1.1, that too fails to open. I fear have corrupted some underlying setting the user preferences the application relies on? Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Thankfully I've solved the problem... I should have gone to the Twine BitBucket earlier.
    https://bitbucket.org/klembot/twinejs/issues/364/program-closing-shortly-after-launch

For those equally having the problem Thomas M Edwards had the solution:

With Twine 2 closed, try deleting its application cache directory.

You can find it at {USER}\AppData\Local\—entering %LocalAppData% in explorer or run (WIN+R) will take you there. Once there, find the Twine directory and delete it, along with its contents.
  • Kallooka wrote: »
    For those equally having the problem Thomas M Edwards had the solution
    FYI that's TheMadExile - They're one and the same.